Friday 16 October 2009

Up the wooden hills to Bedfordshire

Yes thats where I'm just about to set off, I'm on my way to the land of concrete Cows, that lovely place Milton Keynes. Its one of Britains "new towns" built in the late seventies to move people out of Londons slums.

This is a place thats described as "been like the bermuda triangle".you can get in but not many get out, lol.

So why am I going, because I'm playing TT there tomorrow. I'm actually playing for Yorkshire in the county championships Veterans (over 40's). I'm playing for the 3rd team although I've upgraded cos I'm ranked in the 4ths. The competition is over two days (Sat & Sun) but I'm only playing in Saturdays matches or I'd have to upgrade a not be eligible for my own team later in the season. someone else is playing Sunday.

I'm staying over in Northampton tonight (anything is better than Milton Keynes), so will have a 30 minute drive in the morning.

2 comments:

ArleneWKW said...

I hope your team wins. More importantly, I hope you have a good time.

Mick & Cathy said...

Thanks Arlene,
Yes I enjoyed the weekend although results were mixed, the team won one lost one on both days.