Monday 12 November 2012

Calorie Counting

As those who read my blog will know the latest weight loss challenge is based on calorie counting. Each week upto christmas I'm aiming to reduce my average daily intake by 50cals, two weeks ago target was 2,400cals so simple deduction my target last week was 2,350cals.

I've actually developed my own spreadsheet which calculates this from the food and drink that goes into my mouth, its ever developing if i add new foods to my diet. And last week I can happily report I was well in target with a daily average of 2278cals. In fact if I do the same this week it will be within this weeks target of 2,300cals so should be easy in theory.

For the record here are my daily totals -
Monday - 2051cals
Tuesday - 2064cals
Wednesday - 2355cals
Thursday - 2461cals
Friday - 2311cals
Saturday - 2278cals
Sunday - 2426cals

Average - 2278cals.

Looking at a calorie calculator website for my height and current weight I need 2,561cals per day to maintain my current weight but thats without exercise, 30 mins hard exercise per day I can add around 300 cals to that number (60mins, 600cals).

Anyway it doesn't take brain surgery to work out that if I eat lower than that number even without exercise (i intend to exercise) I will lose weight. Apparently to lose 1lb per week you need to eat 500cals under the maintain weight figure.

My aim is to find a calorie level I'm comfortable with up to christmas then take that into the new year, maintain a good exercise level and hopfully the weight will keep coming off.

Hope all that makes sense.

2 comments:

ArleneWKW said...

Sounds like an excellent strategy to me. Are you sure that you had 2051 calories on Monday? (Maybe it was 2050 or 2052 .)

Mick & Cathy said...

Arlene,
Of course it was 2051, my spreadsheet is accurate, i mark the foods/amounts i have and it tells me the number, lol.