Wednesday 12 October 2011

Keeping me busy

Not really felt like blogging recently mainly because my Dad still isn't well and is taking much of my time slooking after him. He's got a few things wrong thats leading to him lacking energy and feeling depressed. He's struggling to get around and I'm finding he is needing much more attention.

One of the problems is his white blood cells are too high and this leads to his immune system been weak so he is prone to catching anything going around. We've known about this for about 18 month and he goes for regular blood tests and at the moment it isn't getting worse so fingers crossed on that one.

He also suffers from something called PMR which leads to lack of energy and strength, he takes steroids for this which keeps it in control most of the time. However it needs monitering and his dose is altered occasionally.

While he was in hospital they found he also as a thyroid problem so he's now taking more drugs for that, took him to the docs on Monday and they suspect this is the recent deteriation so have just doubled his dose, hope it does the trick. I'll give it a week and if he doesn't improve I'll have him back.

With all thats going on I've forgot about my weight loss programme, just not bothered weighing but think I'm staying quite stable.

To be honest its starting to get me down aswell, if he gets any worse he's gonna need 24 hour care but finges crossed it doesn't come to that.

To

1 comment:

Regina Rodriguez-Martin said...

Mick, I'm so sorry to hear what you're going through. I'm thinking of you.