Sunday 16 October 2011

The Future

Dad is still struggling and its difficult to see the light at the end of the tunnel, it really getting him down that he cant do anything, he's also no appetite. Its making things difficult for me and I can see in the future that I'll virtually be full time careing and it will really stress me, although i don't mind I'm not ideal for that role, I like doing things, playing sports, weekends away, holidays etc.

Did stay over at Paulas this weekend, Friday night we went to the Darts finals night then last night we went our for a meal then on to watch a local band that her nephew plays in. Really enjoyed both nights it was good to get out I'm not been myself at moment finding myself very quiet (usually a talker and witter on when happy) and in deep thought about what the future holds.

Of course I'm trying to stay positive, I'm normally a natural positive person but do honestly feel depressed at present. Think the next two or three months will tell me a lot thats for sure, think I'm at a crossroads.

So we'll have a song today to cheer me up "Crossroads" of course

4 comments:

ArleneWKW said...

It's hard when parents reach that stage of lIfe. It's tough on them and the people who care about them. I'm sorry that you're having to deal with this now.

Mick & Cathy said...

Hi Arlene,
Its certainly hard at the moment and its definately effecting me, still hopefully things will improve and this is just a low moment.

Regina Rodriguez-Martin said...

I'm thinking of you, Mick.

Mick & Cathy said...

thanks Regina