Sunday 2 January 2011

New Year, new start

With this been my first post of 2011 I'll start with wishing everyone who reads this "Happy New Year", hope its a great one for all of you.

Of course this is the time of year we all seem to look at our lives, set our targets, aims, resolutions,hopes etc.

Of course many of them are the same as in previous years usually because of past failures but hell a new year gives us new hope.

So here are a few of my hopes for 2001 :-

1-Weight Loss - Ok not a new start because those that read this blog will know I'm a couple of months into my new campaign, just about on target but not overly confident about the next weigh in on wednesday, I've a feeling Christmas and new year may take their toll, we'll know for sure in 3 days (enough time to fight back). Still one week is only a battle not the war.

2-My Sport - Last year I had my targets regards to my table tennis ranking and did well, although I intend to at least maintain my standard I feel I should set targets elsewhere. So I'm going to try get my Golf handicap down to under 10. Currently I'm 16 although to be honest its a bit false as 20 would be more realistic. To achieve this I need to play a lot more, give a big commitment from spring onwards, maybe gat going a bit in winter weather permitting to knock a few cobwebs off, ages since i played.

3- Sport - This is a hope rather than a personal target and as always it involves y favorite football team doing well. 2010 was kind we saw promotion to the Championship and also knockd the scum out the cup (humiliated them actually). Anyway this year I'm hoping for promotion again this time back to the premiership, back to back promotions now that would be a achievement. Long way to go but lying 4th at the moment so in a play off spot, nothing is impossible.

4- Dating - Well who doesn't enjoy some female company but in my case I feel the tim is about right to meet the right person. Its over 16 months since I lost Jane (who I loved and will never forget) but I think its maybe time to move on. I'm actually hooking up next weekend with a lady I met on holiday, early days but we'll see where it leads.

5- Travel - As you all know I'm a bit of a travel addict and last year was a good one considering I was able to add a few new places to my travel map (Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Palm Springs, Budapest, Andulucia and Gibralter). So I reckon 6 more this year would be great.

6-Blogging - I'm actually aiming to blog more this year and hopfully keep in touch with all of you more.

3 comments:

TitanThirteen said...

I keep trying to comment on your blog but it wont let me :o/

TitanThirteen said...

Oh... now i look like a complete dick! lol

Your new years resolutions look nice and achievable :o)
[short version of my initial comment, but i cant be bothered now lol]

Sandii said...

hey Mick - happy new year to you!

i've decided no resolutions for me this year - i'm tired of them!! lol

good luck with yours and i hope 2011 brfngs you much joy and happiness, you deserve it my friend!!!
xxx