Wednesday 12 January 2011

Weigh in Wednesday - Disappointed but not surprised

Its now 9 weeks into my latest weight loss campaign and I'm disappointed to say for the first time I'm actually recording a gain, only one pound but a gain. Last week I was bang on my 1lb per week target but with the target coming down 1lb and me gaining 1lb I'm now 2lb's above where I should be.
As the title says I'm not surprised as I was away at the weekend for 3 nights and eating out all the time took me away from my normal food intake. I met up with the lady i got on well with on holiday, we got on well but not sure where it will lead have to wait and see on that one.
As for the food intake it was big cooked breakfasts and restaurant dinners. For the record first night I had Roast Belly Pork with the trimmings folowed by sticky toffee pudding (very nice). 2nd night it was a large mixed grill but no sweet while the 3rd night it was Steak followed by lemon cheesecake, so they you have it I've been a naughty boy.

Also with the christmas/new year period I haven't exercised as much as normal so reckon now ctch up time starts. Actually training at table tennis tonight, got a doubles competition thursday night and am playing national league on sunday, that lot should get me back in the swing of things.

Here is the facts :-

Start Weight (9th Nov) - 238lb
Weight last week - 230lb
Weight Today - 231lb
Gain/Loss this week - +1lb
Gain/Loss from start - -7lb
Todays Target - 229lb
+/- Target - +2lb

Been thinking about this years holidays and booking something but to prove to myself I'm serious about the weight loss. I've decided not to book until I'm back on target, hopfully by next week(the target will be 228lb so I need a 3lb loss this week) but if not sooner rather than later. Anyway I'm using holidays as a incentive simple as that.

One good point was I took my black jeans this weekend and they were comfy enough to wear, they were too tight back in November at the start of my weight loss campaign.

Also can't leave todays post without mentioning last weekends football, my team Leeds United had a great result away at Arsenal in the FA Cup. Ok it was a 1-1 draw but there is a full division between the sides and they were expected to hammer us. In fact we were 4 minutes away from winning when they equalised with a penalty.
Massive turnout by our fans travelling to London creating a fantasic atmosphere at a ground normally nicknamed "the library" beause of its lack of noise.
So they've got to come up to ER next wednesday, it'll be tough but backed by a packed stadium the place will be bouncing and the team may just pull it off.

Anyway here is the Leeds goal and celebrations from thousands of Yorkshire folk in London :-

1 comment:

Sandii said...

pfft 1lb is nothing! you'll have that and 2 more gone before you know it.

you have to live too and if food is a pleasure for you, you don't want to deprive yourself - especially the meals you mentioned!!! although couldn't do the pork belly! lol

thanks for your comment Mick - you're right, it's never really been about the lbs, always about the fitness and i always feel better when i'm fitter and my food tends to follow and i just do it.

we got a new treadmill yesterday and our g/f who stays with us while she's in Perth has an ab circle pro - gimmecky but i'm keen to give it a go!!!

you take care and btw i'm still jealous about all your travel!!!
xxx