Monday 31 January 2011

Music Monday - Physical for Sandii

Last weeks post I used the word game to come up with song titles, I used Clown and got 5 songs which I posted. I challenged anyone to come up with a word and one of mylong time blog friends Sandii took up the challenge.
She came up with the word "Physical" which was a good one and tough.
Anyway to get to the point I've actually got 3 songs this week that have "Physical" in the title :-

1. First up is the 1981 fitness record from Olivia Newton John "Physical", bit of coincidence here cos didn't didn't she play the part of Sandy in grease.



2. Another lady I wouldn't mind getting Physical with, its Madonna with "Physical Attraction" -


3. Got to admit it was hard to find a 3rd (thank you internet) and I eventually got this from Stuart Goddard (ok better known as Adam Ant), "Physical (you're so)" -



So any words for next weeks challenge ?


On another note I've had a hectic weekend, been playing in the York table tennis championships and did quite well. Saturday was the divisional events, ok the top 3 seeds for the mens singles on sunday decided not to play and save themselves for the big one but it was still a tough event. I was in the top division and everyone reckoned it was wide open with 7 0r 8 people in with a real cance so I was delighted to win it. Reckon I should be really pleased cos remember getting to the semi-final and looking at the ages of the other three left in I realised at 52 I was 25 years older than the nearest to me (27, 21 & 17). I actually beat the 17 year old in the semi in straight sets and the 21 year old (top seed) in the final in 4 sets, lost the first but comfortably took the next 3. Not bad for a old fat lad.

Sunday I got to the last 8 of the mens singles before losing to my 25 year old team mate (did take a set off him) who was reigning champion and top seed and went on to win it again. Lost in the semi of the veterans again in 4 sets but was still giving away 10 years to my opponent who was top seed.

1 comment:

Sandii said...

ahhhh i had a feeling that our own Olivia would be your first clip! Loved that song and the film clip was hilaro - not sure if you watch Glee but Sue did a remake with Olivia for it - even funnier!

Good effort btw - it was a tough word!

Well done on your table tennis Mick! it always amazes me the speed of which that game is played at the higher levels!!!

Hope you have a great week!
:-)