Friday 5 March 2010

The big one

Got a big TT match coming up next tuesday we are playing our closest rivals in the Local TT league. This season is really tight and if either team wins big it could settle the destination of the Championship. We've played twice already and haven't beaten them yet drawing the first encounter and losing the 2nd clash 6-4 so hopfully it'll be our turn.
Despite losing to them last time we have a very narrow one point advantage but there is 7 matches to play so a lot can happen, every games is pressure.

http://www.yorkshirenet.co.uk/sportinfo/external/links/link.asp?ID=1940

Not much else to report except I thought I'd grown taller the other day, went to the shopping centre near York and saw some casual trousers I liked at Marks & Spencers, they were a good bargain so decided to buy.
I usually buy from M & S because they do 29" inside leg which fit me without alterations, other places tend to do 30". Anyway to cut a long story short (pardon the pun) I got home tried them on and they were at half mast, far too short.
So I got out my tape measure and checked them to find they were only 27" so it was back to the shop. The manageress couldn't believe it as they were clearly marked, so we went to check others in the rack. Unbelievably they all varied some were 27", some 28" but eventually we found one solitary pair the correct size, she had to take the rest off display and email head office.
Just wonder what happend to quality control.

2 comments:

ArleneWKW said...

What a hassle with the pants. I don't know if they've done this in England, but in the U.S. there is a thing called "vanity sizing." over the years, the sizes have gotten larger so that what was once a size twelve or even 14 is now a size ten. The size tens that no longer fit me (but will in about 18 months) would have been size twelves or fourteen 40 years ago.

TitanThirteen said...

That sizing thing is happening in Australia too. When my very slim 13yo daughter tries on a shirt she likes and it's a size XL, it's no wonder that childhood eating disorders are on the rise!

Good luck with your game :o)