Wednesday 17 March 2010

Tits and things

A few things happening :-

1. I was just looking out of the window yesterday morning and noticed a Blue Tit inspecting my bird box. I haven't had any nest there for two or three years so I reckon it'll be good to get a pair this year.

2. Played a Pool match for my team last night and one of my oppenents really irritated me. The match was level at 3 all and I got down to play a difficult black when he made a comment designed to distract me, it did and I missed I was livid felt like sticking my cue where the sun doesn't shine. Thought I'd blown it but he then missed his shot (think my glare may have done the trick), and I took my chance. To be fair to his team mates they all rolocked him and came over and apologised to me. Our captain won the next game to give us the match 5-3.

3. Supposed to be going away at Easter with a couple of friends but am flying with British Airways so am a touch worried. The cabin crew are going on strike and I'm due to fly the day after they return to work (31st). BA website says some flights will be aeffected but are not sying which will be flying, going to do this early next week.
To be honest I'm totally against this strike from the evidence I've seen, apparently its over the managements cost saving measures including reducing the staffing levels. However for the last two years BA have made massive losses and are in dange of going under f the trend continues. That coupled with the fact their cabin crew are among the highest paid in the industry, more than every other airline flying out of the UK.
Like many other industrys that have struggled in the credit crunch common sense needs to prevail, many workers have taken pay cuts, reduced hours, etc. just to keep a job. I've not spoken to anyone that feels this strike is justified, its totally at the wrong time.

4. Thinking of doing a singles holiday in the summer, been looking at a few but not decided yet, watch this space.

5. Its been a expensive month, Car tax had to be paid and when I got my quote they had hiked it £120 so I phoned up and gave them a rollicking saying it was far too much and I'd go elsewhere, strangely they then lowered their quote and I ended up paying slightly less than last year.
Also got the council tax bill, was up slightly (3%) and I pay over 10 months (april to Jan with Feb & March free). I actually paid the April and May payments.

6. Luckily I've some surplus money because I had a saving account mature, its one that I took out 5 years ago. I took they money I think I need out then reinvested the remainder for another
5 years to get a ok interest rate (got guarenteed 5.22% per year which is got in the current financial climate).

3 comments:

TitanThirteen said...

Gotta hate those asshole pool players that aren't good sportsman!

I had a giggle at your 'Tits & things' title. And then deflated when i read it was about a bird. I'm very immature y'know and don't need to be taunted like that lol

From what you've said about British airways, maybe the plan IS to close it down. Maybe it's just turned into a tax dodge that needs to dissopear.

ArleneWKW said...

If I could get 5.2% I'd be very very happy. Here in Northern California, 2% is an excellent deal. Although, to be fair, I wouldn't go for a 5 year savings account.

I share Cactus Freeks's experience with the title of this post.

That's cool that the A-Hole's teammates apologized for his behavior.

We've to the same thing with teacher's and student's protesting necessary cuts. That said, this business of cutting down services and then needed to cut them again is pretty damn scary.

I hope your Easter plans work out.

celtic_girl said...

Guilty as charged over the "tit' title,thank goodness we dont the feathered type of tits over here.

Good on you for complaining about the price hikes.