Friday 12 March 2010

What goes around comes around

This weekend I'm away playing TT for in the British league but had a disagreement with a team mate about transport arrangements.
We are playing at Derby which is about 80 miles south of where I live but my team mates all live around York which is directly north of me (14 miles). We were going to travel both days with one of the team taking on Saturday and me taking Sunday, however the player driving on saturday played awkward saying he wanted me to drive to his house and go from there because he said it was quicker going via Leeds than where I live from where he is picking the other players up.
Well refused considering when we travel north I their way fair enough and argued it wasn't out of his way to pick me up. He said he thought he was been reasonable but I told him no way was I driving north to travel south and I'd make my own way.
I also told him I was not driving two days and would stay over which I prefer anyway as its no fun driving home late saturday only to get up early to go back Sunday, plus I can get a htel for not much more than the fuel I would use. I explained the situation to my other team mates who understood my feelings and left it to them to sort out transport for the 3 of them Sunday.

I've since checked on a couple of route planner websites and the way he is going from where he picks the others up is actually 5 miles closer going via my house although it takes 4 minutes longer. So basically he has been a total prat in my opinion to save 4 minutes on a hour and half drive.

Must admit I was spitting feathers at the time but now I'm having a good laugh because the other two players are both having car problems and its looking like Mr Geography has got to drive both days.
As the title to this post says "What goes around comes around".

3 comments:

ArleneWKW said...

Here in Northern California, we'd call the guy a prick or an A-Hole. It sucks when people get so petty over stupid things, especially considering that you're team-mates.

celtic_girl said...

I was just about to write the same thing "What goes around.....

LOL at Arlene names we also use those as well.

Have a question for you on my blog.

TitanThirteen said...

People politics are the worst!