Monday 29 March 2010

It was a farce

I'm totally pissed off with the organisers of yesterdays local TT championships they managed to turn the whole event into a farce.
First they decided to include the junior events that are normally on a different date but that wasn't the real problem.
They only booked the Sports Centre until 6.30pm then proceeded in leaving half the tables empty while players got board waiting to be called to play. Despite people throughout the day warning of the danger of running over their time they kept assuring everyone they were on schedule for a 5.30pm finish.

Of course they hadn't considered the fact that some players may get to the later stages of more than one event and as always that happend.

On a good note I was one of them players, actually went through the full day unbeaten, actually never dropped a single set, was really pleased with the way I was playing and felt strong. So now I would like to tell you about all the events I won but of course the tournament ran out of time and we had to vacate the sports hall (I wasn't telling the karate class that followed they couldn't come in).
I actually did manage to win one event the handicap singles despite giving away big starts, was pleased as its a event I have never won and is always a challenge.
As for the rest I'm currently in the Mens final, Veterans final, doubles final (with Lofty) and semi-final of the hard bat.
I haven't a clue when these matches will be played they are talking about organised a evening to play them but I can't see it been easy getting all the players available at the same time.

What a bunch of plonkers.

1 comment:

ArleneWKW said...

Congratulations Mick. It sounds like it was pretty frustrating to not have the time to score more wins when you were in such good form.