Friday 4 April 2008

Isn't it quiet (I'd better write something)

Its now over two years since I started blogging and I've been thinking how quiet its getting on blogger. Not saying it is for everyone but in my circle of friends are certainly not blogging as much, some not at all. I don't mean everyone cos some are still regular which I'm pleased about but I must admit I also miss some of my absent friends.
To be honest I'm just as guilty myself as I only post 2/3 times per week, my Monday Music Post & my Wednesday weigh in plus an occasional other.
I'm actually finding I'm doing more on MySpace, I'm building a good group of regular friends over there that I communicate with on a regular basis (plus of course 5 of my blogger friends are also MySpace friends), that doesn't mean I'll be desserting my blogger friends, you don't get rid of me that easy.

So whats happening in my life, not a lot I've actuually got a Cold at the moment and feel pretty crap. I didn't sleep that well last night so feel a bit tired, a lemsip before bed should do the trick tonight.

The TT season is coming to an end and I was pleased to win the local Mens title last weekend, its the 7th time I've won it equalling the all time record (first won back in 1984). Our first team have reached the play offs in the British League and a few of us are off to Slough to watch them in May, should be a fun weekend.
My Pool team are top of our division with about 5 matches to go so hopfully we can keep going and take that title.

Well only just over 2 weeks to my vacation to Austin, Kansas City & Chicago, I'm really looking forward to it.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

I am sorry you are not feeling well. It always stinks when you get a cold. I am still here and now that I am into a groove with work, I am on a little more consistently in the evening. I don't spend too much time on myspace, but I am all over the place sometimes!

Moby Dick said...

Keep in mind that there are many people like you that take their blogs private or never leave remarks on the blogs of people that visit their blogs, so when someone then gives up on you, it sort of has that effect of breaking ties.

That seems to be what I have noticed. At one time there were probably 30-40 people that were more or less part of the same weight-loss group and several created private blogs and their own special clique and they never post remarks to anyone else so eventually nobody posts to them, etc., and thus every little blog becomes a circle of a small handful of clones that completely agree with each other.

Add in the folks who are offended if anyone does not blow smoke up their ass, and you have what you see.