Thursday 1 September 2011

Challenge over, now for the next one

So thats the end of my August weight loss challenge and its now time to set new goals but before I do the facts are :-
Weight 1st August - 220lb
Weight 1st September - 211lb

So its 9lbs lighter not the 14lb I hoped for but a worthwhile exercise I think now the question is how do I kick on from here.

Well the real challenge as we all know is keeping the weight off but I want to be more positive than that and lose some more. If we look at milestones I reckon I'm close to a few key ones firstly only one agonising pound away from hitting the 15stone (210lb) barrier so my short term goal is to achieve that within the next week.
My 2nd target is then 14.5stone (203lb) which I'm aiming to hit by end of October, thats approx one pound per week but not that straight forward as I've a holiday in this period at end of september.
If I achieve that target I'll be certainly in shooting distance of the magic 200lbs and aim to break that barrier by end of November, that would be great.
Then of course its the 14stone 196lb) mark by the year end, so hear we go.

Weight loss targets :-
Actual weight 1st August - 211lb
Target weight 8th August - 210lb
Target weight 31 October - 203lb
Target weight 30th Novmber - 199lb
Target weight 1st January - 196lb

I'm taking on board recent comments and the aim is to do some form of physical activity each day aswell as controlling the diet.
I'll be varying what I do with food each week just to keep the diet interesting and I'll allow myself rewards only when inside my targets. Next week (starting Monday) for one week I'll eat normal except for no bread or potatoes with meals, could be interesting. I'm also sticking with the no food late at night rule, that one makes sense.
As for exercise I went TT training yesterday, actually did more than a normal session, usually play around 20 sets but did around 30 and worked hard. Ache a bit but going for another session tonight need to sharpen up as I'm in a big tournament over the weekend.

Wish me luck


3 comments:

Sandii said...

Good luck and remember the journey is more important than the destination so treat yourself well and be patient, all in good time and good habits and the slower it comes off, the more likely it is to stay off!

Excellent effort on 9lbs, it really was a good loss for the month!

It's all about the balancing act, we'll get there!!!

xxx

Regina Rodriguez-Martin said...

Mick, I think a nine pound loss is great and the decision to reduce high-starch foods is EXCELLENT. I find that reducing carbs makes much more difference than focusing on fat. I've been going low carb, but plenty of oils and fats, since 29 July and it's going well these days. My clothes are fitting better.

Mick & Cathy said...

San,
You are correct its a lot to do with getting into good habits (not always easy though).

Reg,
At the moment cutting bread & potato out altogether is a one week plan but with the option to extend(next week it may be something else), my theory is I can do anything for a week without it becoming boring.
Well done on the clothes fitting better, always a good sign.