Thursday 8 September 2011

Just did it

As I said last week my first target was to hit the 15stone (210lb) this week and am happy to reprt I've made it. Yes only a one pound loss but that doesn't tell the full story.

Ok last thursday I was 211lb but that didn't take into account my weekend away which I over indulged in food and I did take a peep at the scales Monday and it didn't look promising I have to admit, was a few pounds higher.

Still I've cut back on food, done a lot of TT training and also spent a lot of time gardening and I got there so thats another step in the right direction.

Must admit I've felt quite hungry at times and physically am really tired, legs are aching in the hamstrings and calfs, still its well worth a bit of discomfort to achieve a goal. Makes you wonder where I'd be without the weekend.

Well my next target I've set is 203lb (14.5stone) by end of October which is obviously at a rate of around one pound per week and considering it includes a holiday in that period it may not be that easy, reckon I need to get in front in the next couple of weeks.

Next question which do you recon is best at breakfast Weetabix or Porridge ?

I used to have Weetabix (3) but switched to a bowl of Porridge about a year ago, I'm planning to change back to Weetabix when my Porridge runs out, not for any diet reasons just for a change.
For the record I make them both with water (not milk) and have some fruit on them.

Suppose another option would be to alternate days.

2 comments:

Regina Rodriguez-Martin said...

Congratulations, Mick, on reaching a milestone. I don't know exactly what's in wheatabix or porridge, but I say, go low carb and high protein. I have eggs and vegetables each morning, no grains.

Mick & Cathy said...

Its basically a wheat or Oat based cereal, like them both equally and think I'm going to alternate days.