Sunday 11 September 2011

One chance at life

Today as we all know is the sad 10th anniversary of the attack on the twin towers and although I didn't know anyone killed it still made me think about life, in particular my life.

The bottom line is you only get one chance at life and its down to yourself to make the most of it because none of us know what the future will throw at us. Remember those poor people in the twin towers or on the airplanes in the prime of their lives and some sad bastards decide to take it away.

Of course for many money is always a restricting factor but on the other hand I think we all know people with lots of money who saved for a rainy day, put life on hold and now reside in the graveyard.

So for me the attitude "live for today" is a good one, its so easy to allow life to become one big routine and put off the things we want to do.
For me I believe that attack ten years ago made me realise I wanted to travel and see parts of the world (among other things), always wanted to do it but always made oher commitments an excuse.

I'm certain my life as changed a lot since that day, some things for the better and obviously some for worse, but I aim to keep looking forward and trying to make the most of life because its the only way.

1 comment:

Regina Rodriguez-Martin said...

Thanks, Mick. It was a very sad week.