Sunday 26 June 2011

Synchronised Limping

This weekend as been a case of synchronised limping with Paula and myself, I've had a touch of gout in my foot while Paula as pulled her hamstring, anyone seeing us must have had a good laugh at our expense.

I've actually spent the weekend in York, Friday night went to watch Paula play dates it was a rearranged match and her team won 6-3, she played really well especially in her singles (think I'll withdraw my challenge, lol).

Saturday morning Paula had a hair appointment so I'd a couple of hours to kill so had some breakfast at the local cafe and went to the shopping centre, never bought anything though. She let me take her car as she as put me on the insurance, its her pride and joy so I'd to be extra careful (never knew they could get to that speed, lol).

We spent most of the afternoon online looking at a few things including holidays and I suppose the big news is we've gone and booked one, we are having a week in Cyprus at the end of september.

Last night we went for a meal, Mike who was on holiday with us at easter and works with Paula came along it was good to see him again. After the meal went to a local pub to watch a live band, they were a mix match of local musicians as the origional act that should have been performing had split up. Despite none of the musicians playing together previously they proved really good, had a great time. The Bass guitarist ws Paula's nephew thats how we found out about the gig, he is a quiet lad but really into his music and has a good voice.

Anyway I'm home now and have to go out again as I've a couple of Pool matches in the Pub knockouts but don't intend staying long cos a bit tired. Got a team match in th league tomorrow.

4 comments:

Regina Rodriguez-Martin said...

I like the idea of you two hobbling along together. Funny.

Mick & Cathy said...

Reg,
Reckon it was hilarious to watch us, not funny for us though, too painful for that, lol.

Sandii said...

oooh another holiday!

i feel your pain Paula, i tore my hammy over 2 years ago and it's never been the same :-( i have a mass of scar tissue :-(

xx

paula said...

thanks sandii

deep joy not ! lol

:)