Friday 6 August 2010

Should I stay or should I go ?

For the last week or so I've had a sore ankle that hurts when I put my heel down, the good news is its improved significantly over the last couple of days. Obviously I've rested it best I can but now I've a decision to make, I'm entered in a TT tournament at Halifax over the weekend and its a case of Should I stay or should I go (just like the No1 hit by The Clash) -


I want to go I'll be honest but my head is telling me nno. If I'd been deciding two days ago I reckon it would be a definate No but yesterday was a big improvement and I thought it was more 50-50, today its even better 80-20 in favour of playing. Thing is even if I do play I could withdraw if it gets worse just got to be sensible, sometimes thats harder than it seems, lol.


On another note the Footie season starts tomoz and I'm really looking forward to it, my team Leeds United got promotion to the Championship and start with a home match against Derby County, its gonna be a tough season but we've a good young team and I reckon we are in with a shout of back to back promotions, even though the odds are against it.
Tomorrows match is on the TV at 5.15pm so must make sure I'm near a box for that, interesting fact is we have not lost our opening match of the season for 21 years, better than any other Club in England, so it'll be good to keep that going.

3 comments:

Regina Rodriguez-Martin said...

Don't try to be a hero, Mick. Take care of yourself.

TitanThirteen said...

Yea, what Regina said. You need to heal before you attempt anything :o/

Mick & Cathy said...

Well I decided to play, wasn't quite 100% but did ok. Had one very good win but that is against a couple of not so good defeats (players I believe I should be beating).
All in I won 9 matches against 3 defeats and reached the semi of the "B" section.

The ankle did eventually get a bit sore but its not so bad now after a days rest, no damage done I believe.