Wednesday 18 August 2010

A Big Jump

A few months ago I mentioned I had set myself targets with regards to national rankings with my TT. At the time I was rated No149 in the Veterans and stated my aim was to get into the top 100, thought it would be tough but its no good setting easy targets.

The following two ranking lists I moved up slightly, first to 146 and then to 144 so was sort of pleased. Well the new list as been issued and I'm delighted to say I'm up again and this time its a big jump, I've moved up 39 places to No105, just 5 short of my target.

Reckon this is due to my good performance at Hinkley in July where I managed to beat 5 players ranked above me. One word of caution is I'm certain to move down on the next list due to the fact the new season is starting and there will be bound to be some new players coming into the veteran ranks (over 40's). Also I'm not playing the first major ranking tournament of the season in september because I'm defending my over 50's title in the North/east yorkshire championships the same weekend. I have however entered the 2nd major ranking event at Wolverhampton at the start of October.

Still not got an initial ranking in the over 50's due to lack of events, this should change after Wolverhampton, I'm aiming for top 30 in this age group.

1 comment:

Sandii said...

woo bloody hoo! great going, that is awesome!!! well done mate!!!

thanks for the comment, you're right, bottom line, right now, i'm happy xxx