Wednesday 28 January 2009

A bit to report.

I don't seem to have much time for blogging lately partly because I've been busy & partlt that I've been spending some of my computor time doing Youtube slideshows (Now I know how). I'm actually going back over my vacation trip photos & making slideshows from each of them, still a lot to do though.
Update on my parents is that my Dad is much better & is getting to where he can look after my Mum. The plan is for her to come out of the Nursing home next tuesday, she is pleased about that.
Last weekend I played in the area Table Tennis Championships & did ok.
I was in 7 different events and managed to reach 4 finals winning two & losing two. I was a winner in the Mens doubles with my team mate & also won the Hard Bat Doubles in which partners are drawn but the best players are kept apart.
My Runners up trophys came in the veteran doubles but we were pleased to reach the final because I was with a new partner and we weren't seeded, we put out the top seeds in the semi & 4th seeds the round before before going down to the 2nd seeds in the final. I reached the final of the Divisional event but lost to my team mate in the final, took it all the way before succumbing 11-8 in the deciding set.
In the main event (Mens Singles) I had a great run to the Semi-final but lost to the defending champion albeit by the narrowest of margins, I actually took the first two sets but ran out of steam as he fought back to pip me in the 5th.
Another Semi I reached was in the Hard Bat singles but to be honest I was well beat by the eventual winner.
The only real dissapointment was in the Veterans singles where I crashed out in the 2nd round, I was hoping to have a good crack at that event.

I'm playing again this weekend but I'm away in Swindon, its the Veterans National League and my team is hoping for promotion, we are third in the league at present & have five team matches over the weekend.
The other highlight is been down south its given me the chance to hook up with Jane again (for another cosy weekend).We are meeting up on Friday & she is staying with me and coming to watch me play for the first time (hope she isn't bored) although we should get plenty of time together. I'm really looking forward to been together again, it seems ages since the last meeting although we communicate daily, we seem to get on just great.
Got to mention Leeds United seem to be getting their act together at last this season, new manager Simon Grayson seems to have sorted out the inconsistency's and we are looking more solid.
Back to Youtube slideshows here is a Leeds United one I did using photos from the "Flickr" Leeds utd group I'm a member of :-

3 comments:

celtic_girl said...

I love how you always put "cosy weekend" in brackets it makes me laugh.

I don't think she will be bored Mick, if she likes your "cosy weekends" she will be in awe of you playing TT or anything for that matter.

Have a great time.

ArleneWKW said...

I'm glad your dad is doing better and that he'll be able to take care of your mom again. Congratulations on your tennis wins. And super hurray that you and Jane continue to enjoy each other's company. I'm so glad that you have found each other.

Fairy Mae said...

Awesome my friend...just awesome!!! I am glad things are looking up for you and your family!!