Sunday 11 January 2009

Things not getting better yet

My Dad is still struggling, things got complecated he got a bit of infection in his operation wound so the Doc put him on anti-biotics which he had a adverse effect to (made him sick). He's had to come off them and I'm talking to the Doc tomorrow to sort an alternative.
Progress is slow with his mobility but there are small signs of improvement, think he's lost a bit of confidence but sure that will improve in time.

Myself I'm still full of cold, a bit bunged up and feel crappy but I'll get over it.

I'm a bit pissed off with a certain ex blog friend (lets just call him "Little Insect"), I just noted this person under an anonymous name has left a very abussive comment obviously referring to me on Cactus blog. Apparently this keyboard warrior who gets his pleasure from abusing people (online not to their face) accuses me of making my blog "Private" which I have never done.
Yes sure I changed my blog from World of Mick just over a year ago but I never left any of my blog friends out, I informed everyone at the time that I had emails for.
In fact I don't know what this idiot is on about because he has commented on the earlier Posts of my current blog, but I remember earlier last year he started writing abusive things saying I was ignoring him (on various blogs) so I basically thought I can well do without such fake friends the bloke is a complete muppet, why would I try to be friends with an abusive person.
Why he as suddenly raised the subject again I can't tell you but the fact he makes his comment anonymous about say's it all about him a absolute coward.
Personally I blog on here and MySpace to make friends and not abuse anyone, in fact I consider I've made some great friends but idiots like this I can do with out and it makes you wonder if its worthwhile.
Love to meet him face to face to tell him what I thought but I doubt he'd have the guts. He certainly needs to get that great big chip off his shoulder.

And to finish on a happier note, less than 3 weeks before I hook up with my friend Jane for (as Cactus would say) another cosy weekend. Its been far too long a gap between this and the last meeting think we are both quite excited about it. I'll probably take my new camera so have a few photos to post.

9 comments:

celtic_girl said...

Yes, I read the comment and thought it was totally unjustfied myself.

Well Mick, take heart in knowing that most of us out there in blogland know the real you and not the bullshit spread by this guy.

ArleneWKW said...

Well first I'm sorry to hear about your dad's continued difficulties and your illness. I don't know if you've had what I've had, but my holiday sickness has just begun to wane. It - whatever it is - seems to be "going around."

As to the insect (and I think I know to whom you refer) your comment will have me checking out the comment next. It is interesting to me how very real the hurts are that people can inflict on others whom they only know on-line with a few clicks of the keyboard. A back and forth conversation on someone else's blog illustrated this to me days ago. I say this as someone who has felt some of these feelings myself. Luckily I haven't been the subject of verbal abuse, except once by an anonymous idiot whose comments on my blog I promptly deleted. I'm sorry the insect is spouting off anonymously on someone else's blog.

ArleneWKW said...

Okay, I checked out the comments. I don't think that they were left by little insect. They remind me of the anonymous stuff that was left on one of my former on-line friends, former 'cause he stopped checking out my blog and I stopped checking out his. I think little insect would stand behind what he writes. He can be pretty withering in his critiques, but I think his heart is in the right place. He hasn't posted for a while, but has been recording his workouts, at least the last time I checked.

Fairy Mae said...

I wish your dad the best..

As for the blogger dude...he's an idiot...I have never had anyone verbally abuse me in blogland...in real life yes, I'm kinda fighty and/or mouthy if I have to be....just know I got your back here in blogland!!!

Mick & Cathy said...

Celtic,
Thanks, it doesn't really bother me that somebody who doesn't know me can be abusive towards me & others. I actually am only interested in making friends with decent people and am more than happy with the handful of friends I have on here.
Think the person concerned as got problems when he has to do things anonymously. Don't think he actually has any friends in real life away from online and lives in a totally virtual world. Maybe I should feel sorry for him because I sense a cry for help & attention.

Arlene,
Thanks my Dad is improving albeit slowly.
There is a lot of this sickness bug going around not many have been left out.
Think I am correct about who made the comments about me & a couple of other bloggers, its quite sad he is using someone elses blog to do it (He is the only person that links the blogs concerned) but he made remarks in the past, one of the reasons I decide to drop him off my friends list. I considered replying to his comment but it would be unfair. The most irritating part is to my knowledge I've never posted anything nasty about him or anyone else for that matter (not deliberatly anyway).

Fairy,
Thank you my friend.

ArleneWKW said...

If it is him, I'm disappointed in him. I was wrong; he is still posting, but on a different blog that I had bookmarked. You are wise not to respond to anonymous comments.

TitanThirteen said...

Yea that sucked Mick. Sorry about that. He definatly has issues :o/

It's good to hear you are about to see Jane again. We want more photos this time, of you two, not castles! :oÞ

And Arlene came to visit and didn't say Hi? How bloody rude!! lol

Mick & Cathy said...

Arlene,
No worries, I wont comment on things like that other than on my own blog, if people feel they have to vent fair enough just don't like it when they do it anon, its a cowards way.

Cactus,
No need to be sorry, not your fault, if he feels the need to take pot shots at people then so be it, I'll just laugh it off.
Promise more pics of me & Jane in fact she is threatening to video me (hope she means playing TT & I promise I'll throw a tantrum & my paddle just for the film, lol). We've got our next two trips booked & are making plans for more, lets just say things are good so far.

Jenny said...

It is sad that there are such rude people out there like that. Don't pay them any mind.

Just keep looking forward to your next visit with Jane. She sounds like such a cool chick!