Wednesday 4 February 2009

Nice Weekend

Just reporting from my weekend away with my friend Jane. I was actually down in Swindon to play Table Tennis in the Veterans National league and took the opportunity to invite Jane along to watch & spend a couple of days with me as she lives just over an hour away.
Drove down Friday and as arranged met Jane at a service station about 10 minutes from our hotel where we stopped for a coffe.
We moved on to our hotel (Marriott) which was very nice. Jane produced a nice suprise, she had read my blog post about "The Photos" CD I wanted and had bought it as a present, that left me feeling chuffed.
In the evening my TT team mates contacted me when they arrived so we drove to their hotel and had a meal with them. Jane obviously hadn't met them before but soon made friends with them.
After the meal which was a "3 course eat what you want" we made our way back to our hotel for a nightcap before calling it a night.
I must admit I was worried with Jane would be bored at the TT & I would play badly and look a idiot. However from the playing point of view she seemed to inspire me and I managed to go unbeaten all weekend (10 wins) and my team finished 2nd gaining promotion.
Jane seemed to enjoy it and was getting nervous during some of the close games, other players also made her feel welcome which is nice when you don't know anyone.
Saturday night I was a bit tired so we decided to eat at our own hotel, we both had a nice steak with a bottle of wine to wash it down.
We said our goodbyes and went our seperate ways following Sundays matches just beating the bad weather that hit the country later that night.
Must say once again I loved Jane's company & can't wait for our next meet up (hope she feels the same), thats planned for early March.

7 comments:

Fairy Mae said...

Its always nice when the "visitor" is made to feel at home. Congrats on the wins!! Superstar status!! Keep it up my friend!!

celtic_girl said...

Woohoo!! Sounds like you both had a great time. It's amazing what an audience will do for oour performance - well done.

ArleneWKW said...

I find myself smiling after reading this post. I'm so glad for both of you.

TitanThirteen said...

OoOooooOOoo Mick & Jane. Has a cute ring to it! I always smile too when read what you say about jane. Still smiling now just commenting about it. We want wedding invites ya know!

TitanThirteen said...

No wait...we have to do a "Bradgalina" thing. How about Jack or Mine? lol

airliebird58 said...

Glad to hear you two had a nice weekend! Just been catching up on your last couple of posts and loved the LUFC slide show. Bit of a blip last week, but hey, has supporting the Mighty Whites ever easy? Lets hope they put on a good show on TV on Monday :)

Mick & Cathy said...

Fairy,
Yes I was pleased Jane got on with my friends & team mates.

Celtic,
Played well with an audience always was a bit of a poser, lol.

Arlene,
Thanks

Cactus,
Wedding Invites, of course you can, lol

Airlie,
Looking forward to a big win for the telly tonight.