Thursday 3 July 2008

Don't be Fooled

1. MP's Pay Rise - I see today that our government representitives have voted to only take a lees than inflation 2.5% pay rise as an example to the rest of the population as the country's financial woes continue. I would like to say great MP's actually doing something for others but sorry I can't cos they have also decided that they can screw us all with their expenses. How on ever can you claim a Plasma Screen TV, get you TV licence, car insurance, tax, groceries, clothes, etc paid for on expenses. Not on a bad thing are they.

2. Tennis - I'll just mention the Tennis cos Wimbledon is on, the Womens final is decided and it will be predictably between the Williams sisters not that I've anything against them but I find them playing each other boring. The mens event is at the semi stage but its hard to imagine anything other than a Federer v Nadal Final and I'm looking forward to that they are a class better than anything else about.

3. Weight Loss - I've been eating more or less to plan although exercise as been below plan due to a couple of aches & pains. However I'm fighting fit now and I've just started TT training in preparation for next season. I trained two hours last night & this morning I did another session with a different player. It was hard work and I lost a bit of sweat, I feel tired now but I've another session planned Monday. I'm also hoping to get a couple of long walks over the weekend although the weather forcast isn't too promising.

4. Music Choice - For todays choice we're going for a gritty punk cover version of the Dionne Warwick classic "Walk on By" played by The Stranglers.

4 comments:

ArleneWKW said...

I'm glad that your aches and pains have eased enough to let you do your training. I would imagine that watching the sisters compete would be relatively predictable given that they've played their whole lives together.

airliebird58 said...

What absolutely amazes me about MP's expenses is that for most of them they don't even need a receipt to prove it! It's apparently even more of a scam over in Brussels with the MEP's. Makes you want to spit doesn't it!

Jenny said...

I swear, I need to find a job where I can vote for my own pay raise! Only in government! (they do it here too!)

Mick & Cathy said...

Arlene,
Hopfully my body can stand up to trying to get fitter, time will tell.

Airliebird,
Just wish we could find a few people in politics I could trust it seems everywhere in the world suffer with greedy leadership to some extent.

Jenny,
That would be nice wouldn't it.