Sunday 6 July 2008

Selling your Soul to the Devil

1. Harry Kewell - A lot of my readers may wonder what the title of this post is about but I feel I've got to slag off that low life of a footballer Harry Kewell. He was brought over as a youngster from his native Australia and developed by my Club Leeds United into an international Footballer. Now when Leeds went bankrupt he had to 5 years ago he had to be sold on, the fans understood but unlike others at the the time Kewell refused to go unless he got a £2million pay off from Leeds (plus £2million sign on from Liverpool) showing the only thing that mattered to him. Leeds had to release him and despite been in dire straights got very little from the deal, bearing in mind he'd missed a lot of the previous season with injury and Leeds continued to pay him.
Anyway that lack of loyalty p****d off a lot of people but it is insignificant compared to what he has just done. Kewell was part of the Leeds team that played Galaterasary in 2000 when two of our fans were murdered, a crime that will never be forgot by everyone associated. What made matters worse at the time Uefa wouldn't cancel the match as Leeds requested and Galaterasary refused to have a minutes silence or wear black armbands.
So what has Kewell done other than sign for Galaterasary, he must be lower than a snakes belly, I can't believe anyone involved that night could sign for a Club like that when you think when he scores it will be the supporters that carried out the atrocities that he will salute. He is in many peoples eyes dancing on the graves of the lads that died.
To say he will never be welcome back to the city of Leeds again is an understatement, he'd probably find himself hanging for a lamp post. It wasn't that he needed to go there quite a few other Clubs were trying to sign him.
The man is a complete disgrace to his proffesion, one greedy son of a bitch.

2. Night Out - To change the subject I was out with a lot of ex work-mates on Friday night, about 15 of us toured a few pubs in York. It was a fun night and we all had a good laugh. I was a bit dissapointed as I wanted to stay longer in the first Pub, they had a group on and it looked like they were gonna play a lot of 70's & 80's cover versions. They warmed up with The Jams "A Town called Malice" & the Martha and the Muffins "Echo Beach". Anyway I got out voted so we all moved on.
At one stage of the night we accidently gate-crashed a wedding party, the had booked a private room at one of the bars but not realising we all wandered in. It turned out I knew one of the guests and we got allowed to stay for a bit.

3. Weight Loss - Some good news on this front, On the night out mentioned I was able to go in a pair of trousers that previously were too tight, thats good news I think.

4. Music Choice - Well back to where I started with todays choice, Harry Kewell this is for you its The Clash with "Straight to Hell" -

7 comments:

airliebird58 said...

Ah, Mr Kewell. There was a discussion on the radio about this subject yesterday, and one of the presenters said he couldn't believe the insensitivity of the man. I could. He has demonstrated with his prior actions that he couldn't give a shit about Leeds Utd. I hope he does as much at Galatasaray as he did at Liverpool, that is to say naff all! The little swine!

Jenny said...

I always measure my weight loss success by how my clothes fit. congrats on getting into those pants that used to be too tight!

Regina Rodriguez-Martin said...

Congratulations on the pants fitting! I think that's some of the best evidence there is for weightloss success.

TitanThirteen said...

I've never heard of that Kevin guy, but it sounds like his parents [as well as him] need a bit of a back hander for teaching their son such a blatent lack of moral fibre!

Good on you for dropping a pants size, that's gotta feel great! How did they fit when you got home? lol

Mick & Cathy said...

Airliebird,
I just couldn't believe he could go there, I'd love to speak my mind to him.

Jenny/Regina,
Thanks, I must admit I go nowadays by how I feel and how clothes fit rather than jumping on the scale.

Cactus,
Who mentioned Kevin ?

TitanThirteen said...

lol i ment Harry. Kevin, harry, same thing lol

Mick & Cathy said...

Well he is your star Aussie footballer !