Monday 21 July 2008

"Don't F**k with the Baldies"

1. Haircut - On Friday I was at a wedding evening do of a friend in York, during the day I played Golf with another friend who had come up for the do from Sheffield. Anyway following the Golf I went home to get ready and decided to give myself a quick haircut.
For some time now I've give myself a low maintenance cut using a pair of shears usually with a number one or two attachment. Anyway Friday when I took the first cut I suddenly realised I hadn't fitted a attachment, yes right down to the bone. Well there was nothing else I could do but continue so now I'm a complete bone head, what a plonker.

2. Cars - I was reading in the papers this week a list of the 10 worst British Cars of all time. Of no surprise to me was bang at the top of the list was the Austin Allegro. I can vouch for that one cos I once had one and it was crap, I had so many problems with that car even once the wheel nuts sheared and left on three.
I was dissapointed that in 2nd place was the Morris Ital cos I've also had one of them and I actually liked that car always thought it looked classy. Come to think of it though all my friends hated travelling in it cos the suspension was strange.
Obviously these where many years ago but neither was my first car that was a Vauxall Viva, loved that car never let me down.
What was your first car ?

3. Music Choice - The Doors with Light my fire

6 comments:

ArleneWKW said...

Ah, an involuntary baldy. (And no pics.)

My first car was a red and white ford galaxy with fins (???) that were popular at the time.

The car that I would like right now, if I could afford it, would be a Jaguar. Matt tells me that they are highly unreliable cars.

celtic_girl said...

They say the difference between a bad hair cut and a good hair cut is two weeks, though a bummer it had to happen when you were going out.

My first car was a 1966 Fiat 1500, a "three on the tree" manual, it looked like shit but boy did that baby have some guts and a great take off, won many a battle with the boys in their V6's of course they outgunned me down the straight, but I always won the take off's!!

Jenny said...

Sounds like a nice light summer 'do! I am sure it looks just fine.

My first car was a Chevy Lumina-- a very boring 4 door sedan.

TitanThirteen said...

I'm with Arlenekw, no pics?

Fairy Mae said...

What no pics of your new haircut!

Fairy Mae said...

My first car was a 1981 Dodge Ram Truck. That truck pulled me outta alot of ditches. Pulled horses, broke down, ahhh but I digress...