Friday 21 March 2008

Have I reached the twilight zone ?

"Is 50 the new 40 ?" well interesting questions for me, especially today as I've just reached that milestone. To be honest if you had asked my a few years ago I would have said 50 is the start of old age, today I would at least try put up a argument.
First thing I don't feel old, ok maybe not young but definately not old. Sure I show signs of ageing but don't we all, we are getting older thats a fact we cant hide from. However I don't feel like this is the time to go out buy a rocking chair & pipe just yet, I still think there is plenty of life out there.
So "Life begins at 50" as far as I'm concerned.

So what am I doing for my Birthday, well tonight I'm out on the town (no doubt I'll feel much older in the morning). Some of the lovely Ladies I used to work with have organised a night out for me so I'll be seeing a few faces I haven't seen for awhile, should be fun.

Then its just a matter of seeing what life no holds in store for me in the twilight zone.

5 comments:

celtic_girl said...

Happy Birthday tp you Mick, I hope you had a good one.

And yes 50 is the new 40, we are,as a population getting younger, if you compared us to our grandparents. I know mine looked older than me at the same age.

airliebird58 said...

Hope you had a really great birthday, you'll have to give me a few tips about being 50 lol.
Hope the lads performance tonight was a good present for you. I was well pleased, an excellent performance. We are starting to see Macca's influence on the side now I think.
MOT!!

TitanThirteen said...

WooHoo! The big 50. I think 50 is old, but then i used to think 30 was old too. The closer we get to an age, the older it doesn't seem.

Happy birthday! *KISS* :o)

Anonymous said...

Celtic,
Thanks, I think 50 is young, honest.

Airlie,
You've a few months to go, the lads did well hope its a sign we are coming into form.

Cactus,
You're right these ages don't feel as old when you get there.

Jenny said...

You are still young and frisky. You should absolutely enjoy your day with a night out and you are right--50 is the new 40!