Wednesday 20 February 2008

Its a busy week

Starting at the weekend I played for my Clubs 2nd team at TT in the British league and we needed to do well cos were only one point above the relegation spot. Without going into details the weekend worked out well, we went unbeaten winning two and drawing our other two matches to leave us safe by a comfortable margin. Personally I thought I could have played better but was pleased with the team performance.
Better than that our 1st team managed to win all four of their matches in "Division One North" qualifying them for the play offs for a place in the National Premier Division. The top two from the three regionalised 1st divisions (North, South & Midlands) all play all at a venue in Slough in May. A few of us are going down to support the team, whatever the result it promises to be a fun weekend.
However it nearly turned out a disaster for one of our players, he lost control of his car and ran off the motorway and down a steep enbankment, his car was a write off but lukily he was able to get a lift to the venue and although shaken was well enough to play. The funny part of this story was we actually passed where he crashed and saw him climbing up the hill but didn't recognise him as we drove by. In fact the comment in the car was "have you seen that idiot, who walks out here at this time of morning" It was on the M62 on top of the Pennines.

Monday morning I managed to get a 7 mile walk in, I'm trying hard to keep this going cos I reckon its doing me good. Monday night I went out to Pool we didn't have a match but some of our team were playing in the area singles knockouts so went to support (and have a few beers).

Tuesday I played Golf with a couple of former work colleagues, it was really cold never got above freezing but it was still enjoyable and I played ok. On the night I played TT in York and it was in the team handicap competition. We played a team from division Five who had big handicaps so it was hard. You have to play up to 42 against each player from the opposition but I'm handicapped at minus 13 so have to play to "55" then take my handicap off. The players I played against were off "24", "30" & "33" so had to beat them 55-17, 55-11 & 55-8. I actually beat the first two but lost my last one however the team came through winning 5-4.

This morning I woke up to a blanket of snow although it is now thawing, apparently the forcast is to get warmer towards the weekend so that is good. I've been to sign on at the JobCentre I've to do this every two weeks to get my "Job Seekers Allowance", its not a lot but helps a little.
Tonight I'm playing Pool doubles in the area knockouts, I'm partnering Lofty one of the friends who is coming to Chicago with me.

I didn't weigh in this morning but I'm confident the eating as gone well, I expect to have a least stayed the same if not lost weight.

On another note I've been wondering what to plan for my birthday (Chicago trip is 3 weeks before), anyway the problem is solved because some of the lovely Young Ladies I used to work with contacted me and are organising a night out for me, these things are best left in the hands of the experts.

1 comment:

Moby Dick said...

You are living the great life! It is hard to imagine having so much fun, I am very happy for you!