Saturday 2 February 2008

In Pain

Earlier this week I felt a bit of pain in my back, sort of half way up just below the shoulder blade, didn't think much about until last night, just thought a slight pulled muscle from my weekends table tennis competitions.
Well last night when I twisted in bed I aggravated it, gee it now really hurts, I couldn't get comfortable all night and find it hard to twist. I'm ok bending down just twisting side to side hurts. It even hurts if I take deep breaths an expand my chest/lungs, it as though its pressing against an inflammed area.

This morning I had a couple of pain killers and did a 6/7 mile walk which seems to have loosened it up, seems to be worse if I stay in one position for a while, gotta keep moving.

5 comments:

airliebird58 said...

I hope you backs feeling better. You'll most probably know, but Ibuprofen is an anti-inflammatory so better for muscle pulls etc.

Regina Rodriguez-Martin said...

If you're due for your annual physical exam, this would be a great time to make an appointment.

Anonymous said...

Airlie,
I took a couple of Paracetamol and Idomethacin which is anti-inflammetry. They are the tablets I have on prescription in case I get a gout attack, they are stronger than Ibuprofen.

Regina,
I don't actually have a annual we just ring for an appointment when something is wrong. Usually cant get straight in though.
The good bit is the pain is a lot less today so I'm hoping I'm on the mend.

Anonymous said...

Hi Mick,
Is this the right one now!!
Maybe one day, I will be as used to it all as you.
Will try to look in more often and find out what you are up to and let you know if I ever get another job again !!!!
Have you heard how anyone is doing from T & L, Diane is working at a Financial advisers on Finkle street.It is quite sad seeing the old place when I pass it each day, I doubt it will ever reopen.
Anyway, bye for now,
and thanks again for the lift, it was a bigger favour than you can imagine. Sorry it took so long to say thanks, but you know, time goes so quickly.
Take care
Angela..

Moby Dick said...

At my new job I am often sitting in a uncomfortable position and I get hip pain all the time. I am trying to adjust the way I sit and I have been getting more sleep to rebuild!!