Thursday 14 February 2008

My News

To be honest I've not much to write about at present but I thought I'd give you a update of whats happening :-

Weight Loss - I'm quite pleased with my result although not brilliant I'm showing a loss of around 5lb this year so far. Ok no big shakes in around 6 weeks but a loss all the same. Eating I'm still having bad moments late at night although the rest of the time I've been good I believe.
Also I'm certain my fitness is improving I'm doing a lot of walking (about 7 mile per day), I also got a round of golf in this week. On top of that I'm playing my Table Tennis & training on a regular basis. I feel quite good at this moment in time.
I can't give you an accurate weight but can tell you on my scale I've gone from 214lb to 209lb this year so far (about 6 weeks). I said not accurate cos my scale although consistant is weighing low (about 10lb+ I reckon), so I'm probably around 219lb.
I can tell I'm losing cos of the way some clothes are fitting, some feel better others getting a bit loose.

Table Tennis - Its been an hectic time, a couple of weeks ago was the York championships, I didn't do brilliant but with my partner I won the Mens doubles. I was also runner up in the Veterans singles but dissapointed cos I thought I could win that one. I've since avenged my defeat in the league.
Last weekend I played for Yorkshire Veterans and again wasn't totally at my best and thought I could have done better. Saying that the team did great and we were 2 nd in our division.
Monday night in the local league I had a good win beating the only player in the area I'd never previously beaten, was pleased with that one and did it in straight sets (life in the old dog yet).
This weekend is massive for our Club in the British League, We are at Widnes in Cheshire and I'm playing for our 2nd team and we are only one point above the relegation zone, we have 4 massive matches and I'm selected for them all.
At the same time our 1st team are going well in Division One North and a good weekend will see them reach the play offs for a place in the National Premier Division. The Play Offs are down South in May and I'd go to support if they get there (any excuse for a weekend away).

Chicago - Less than two weeks to my Chicago long weekend with a couple of mates and I'm really looking forward to it. I've been planning a few live music venues to go to while we are there, want a bit of variation so this is our plan tell me what you think :-

Thursday -

Early for Food "Fados Irish Pub" (always a good atmosphere) British beer and a awesome Bacon Cheeseburger - http://www.fadoirishpub.com/fado_pub_main.php?city=chicago

Later (9.30pm ish) for Music "Blue Chicago" to see Shirley Johnson one of my fav Chicago Blues singers - http://www.bluechicago.com/

Friday -

Early for Food any Pub Restaurant on Rush Street (loads of bars there)

Later for Music "Underground Wonder Bar" not been before but been advised its a must - http://www.undergroundwonderbar.com/index.html

Saturday -

Early for Entertainment while we eat "Andys Jazz Club" - http://www.andysjazzclub.com/

Later for Fun & Entertainment "Howl at the Moon" Duelling Piano Bar - http://www.howlatthemoon.com/chicago_tonight.html

Sunday -

Early for food Pubs around Lincoln Park

Later "Kingston Mines" Blues Club (2 stages going here) - http://kingstonmines.com/

Monday -

Early some Pubs up North around Lawrence

Later "Green Mill" Jazz Club (famous Club - Al Capones old haunt) - http://www.greenmilljazz.com/

Ok the diet may suffer I'm sure but hell this is life. I'm working on what to do during the day (probably wont see many mornings). We'll check out the museums, go up one of the tall building, maybe visit the Pier, Parks & we intend to see the Blackhawks Ice Hockey on Sunday.

Thats it for now folks.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey Mick,

you should definately check natural history museum, they have the Tsavo Lions (maneaters), if you haven't seen them before, i'm so bummed i didn't see them when i was in Chicago. man this time last year i was in St Louis! but in a few weeks time i may well be in Hawaii!!!

great going on the loss, 5lbs is great. slow and steady remember, too quick and it will just bounce right back on again.

remember, no such thing as good and bad food especially when on holidays!

sorry i haven't commented as regularly, i read every few days cause i'm quite busy at the moment.

hope you're well and had a great Valentines Day!
xx

San

Moby Dick said...

You are pretty amazing, drinking beer, eating hearty, and you still lost weight!!! Good job!

TitanThirteen said...

Maybe you could Google search for ideas on cutting back on your night eating. Coz whatever you eat before bed converts to fat during the night when your digestive system shuts down.
Eh, i'll go and look myself and come back with some links........

TitanThirteen said...

Ok i found this: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20071115171607AA42pSy
And this:
http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/put-the-brakes-on-nighttime-overeating
And this:
http://www.diettalk.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-53918-IF-YOURE-INTERESTED-Nighttime-Overeating.html

Good on you for steadily losing. It might be small amounts, but it's loss. And if you have a bad week and gain, the damage won't be so bad.
You are losing weight the safest, best way :o)

Anonymous said...

Hi San,

Nice to here from you, We'll probably visit the museums cos it'll be cold and we'll be looking for indoor activities during the day I'm sure.

Hawaii, I'll look forward to hearing about that trip.

Take Care xx

Al,
Yeh but just think how much I could have lost without the beer & food. Getting plenty of exercise I'm sure is doing me good.

Cactus,
I think my bad eating isn't a total disaster and I think I'm improving all the time, just the odd weak moment.