Wednesday 26 September 2012

Weight Loss Wednesday - Calorie Counting

First and foremost I'm another 2lbs down this week so now at 191lb, another two next week and I'll be at my target weight so pleased with the progress.

Did a calorie counting experiment last week (monday to sunday), logging everything each day onto a spreadsheet i've set up. It than calculates my daily calories each day and a weekly average.
Last week my average was 2366 calories per day, highest day was tuesday when i consumed 2667 calories but that is explained by the fact it was the night went out for a few beers. Lowest day was friday when i consumed 2220.

Looking on a website normal calories per day for someone my age and size is around 2500 while should be aiming at 2,000 to lose a pound per week. These figures are for someone with a light activity level but last week I did a lot of physical activity with some heavy gardening and a table tennis competition at the weekend, plus a league match and training session during the week.

Anyway my initial weekly average is 2366 as I've said and my aim is to slowly bring this down each week which should in turn help my weight drop along with increased physical activity. This is the plan I'm starting after my holiday, instead of the onus been on weighing I'm going to concentrate on getting my calorie intake down to 2,000 by christmas. I will weigh on my return from holiday but not again until christmas and see where calorie counting takes me.

Thats the plan folks, but still got to weigh in next week hopfully to see I've reached my 189lb goal.

No comments: