Monday 3 September 2012

Looking Forward

Have been away in Sunderland all weekend playing a TT tournament and must admit I was apprehensive, really didn't think my knee would stand up to two days hard competition. In fact with all the problems I've had in the last year I really thought my days of playing at this level were coming to an end.
Well I'm delighted to say I feel great my knee feels best its been for a long time, yes a bit stiff and swollen but no real pain. I know I wasn't at my sharpest have hardly practised and you can't get away with that at national tournament level.
On saturday i failed to qualify for the over 50's so went into the plate competition but did get through my section to the main draw in the over 40's.
As really expected went out early doors Sunday in the over 40's but found my form in the 50's plate going all the way and taking the title, was very pleased I must admit.
So now I can look forward to the new season with more optimism.