Wednesday 19 September 2012

Weigh in Wednesday - Ex Girlfriends & holidays

We'll start with the weight loss and I'm pleased to report a 3lb loss this week which now brings me to 193lb, pleased about that because I'm still on target for 189lb before i go on my American trip (2 weeks to go).
I know on this holiday I'll possibly gain a significant amount and am already planning my weight loss campaign for when I get back. A few years ago (2007) I did a stringent calorie counting system which did me good, at that time I came down a lot and eventually got down to coincidently exactly where I am now 193lb. Couldn't believe that but have checked my old records, obviously a lot as happend since then and i've had bad times wheresome of the weight as gone back on.
I designed a spread sheet that I fill in on a daily basis everything i eat and drink and it calculates my daily calories (each day and average), i'll be aiming for under 2,000 per day which should bring the weight off slowly.

Yesterday was ex girlfriend day, first of all sadly it would have been Janes 49th birthday so she was definately in my thoughts. Phoned her Mum in the morning and had a good chat which was nice, think they are always pleased to hear from me. I'm actually going to visit them (take to lunch) the day before I fly to America as I'm staying over at a airport hotel so will take the opportunity to visit Janes grave again.
And last night actually went out for a drink and chat with Paula which was nice. I know we split awhile ago but it was more to do with circumstance and lifestyles, we never fell out and always remained good friends. Before anyone asks we are not planning to get back together, we've both moved on its just friends going out for a drink. Whether we do it again, well don't see why not if we both fancy a drink, we had a good laugh last night.

As for holidays I've taken the plunge about Christmas, think been home alone would have depressed me so booked a singles holiday to the Costa Brava, in fact its 12 nights so Christmas and New Year will be partying in sunny Barcelona.
Bit overspending this year with holidays and home improvements but was helped with the christmas decision with a nice tax rebate, apparently they calculated my tax wrong in 2008 and I got a nice little sum that paid for half my holiday.

2 comments:

Enz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Enz said...

Lovely that you're getting away for Christmas.!!!!

I've always wanted to do that but with kids and family it takes a bit more planning and cooperation. With only Liam at home now it might be easier this year. ....something for me to think about.

Congratulations on the loss and more importantly for having a plan for your return.

p.s. I hate blogging from iPhone!