Wednesday 8 August 2012

Weigh in Wednesday - Not Quite

Well my last weigh in before Austria at the weekend and I really wanted to smash the 14stone (196lb) barrier but it was not to be as I weighed at 197lb just a solitary pound above.

Still it was down one pound in the week so still moving in the right direction and to be honest don't think I've really pushed it since making my origional target.

So next weigh in will be two weeks time, got to accept on holiday I'm likely to move the scales in the wrong direction but hope for minimal damage. I'll see where I am on my return then set my next target/challenge.

Really been enjoying the Olympics, as most who read this know I'm a big sports fan and its great getting to see some of the minor sports for a change. And well done the Great Britain team 22 golds already and 3rd in the medal table which is fantastic for a country our size.

And well done from them athletes from the Land of the White Rose who have helped GB, yes if Yorkshire was a country we would currently be 11th in the medal table, not bad for a population of only 5 million.

2 comments:

ArleneWKW said...

Have a wonderful visit in Austria. I think the country is know for delectable bakery items. It may take a strong will to resist them.

Enz said...

Enjoy your vacation. I so envy Europeans being able to go somewhere new so easily! I can get to the US pretty easily but its just like home so it's not really as exciting.

Thanks for all your encouraging comments on my blog :)

Splenda: My endocrinologist actually agrees with you that its the best form of artificial sweetener and is not harmful in "normal" amounts, i.e. 3-4 servings a day.

The Whole30/Paleo/Primal way of eating discourages any type of processed food so it does not fit into their plan at all. It also discourages any kind of sugar (no matter the form).

There have been some studies that show that using artificial sweeteners causes the same trigger as natural sweeteners in the brain with the temptation to overeat. Personally I can drink diet coke and not get triggered but I know if I drank regular pop I would, so that may be an individual thing or the study is full of crap..who knows?

At the end of the day, I think we all have to make our own choices based on our own experiences and body. For me, my focus right now is to eat as close to nature as possible but since I am diabetic, using Splenda is still a better choice for me than natural sugars.