Sunday 5 August 2012

Stupid Boy

The exercises the physio as set me for my knee seem to be doing some good but a long way to go yet and I know I need to be patient.

However yesterday I decided to go to Halifax and play in the table tennis tournament I'd entered some months ago. My head was telling me i should scratch but I've been getting restless and thought would see how it goes. Basically just been a stupid boy, last thing my knee needs at present is twisting and turning.

Still I battled through my group but wasn't able to move enough to play my natural defensive game, won two lost two of my matches. It certainly aggravated my knee which was quite sore afterwards and common sense prevailed because I've pulled out of the knock out stages today.

The good news despite it giving me a lot of jip last night, feels no worse for wear this morning so its back to ice and the exercises the physio as set, need to start doing some walking, and stuff that doesn't involve twisting just to build strength.

1 comment:

Enz said...

I hope there's no setback - take it easy!!!