Wednesday 22 August 2012

Weigh in Wednesday - Damage Limitation

Back from my week in Austria and today I jumped on the scales to reveal a increase of 4lb which I'm quite happy about as history suggests I'm capable of putting on much more while on holiday.
So my current weight is 200lb (or 14st 4lb) and I've 6 weigh ins before my next adventure so I'm setting myself a target of reaching 13st 7lb (180lb) before I fly.

Thats a loss of 11lb in 6 weeks, I will do it.

As for the holiday the scenary was stunning, visited some amazing places, met a lot of nice people (and a few strange ones). Will post photos soon.

One strange thing on the last day visited St Wolfgang and went into the church which is stunning but once inside a strange feeling came over me and started thinking about Jane, it was like she was with me. Now I put it down to the fact it was coming up to the third anniversary of her death (day after my return home) so decided to light a candle which is not something i normally do.
Had to let the rest of our group walk on and just sat there for 10 minutes before catching them up, was quite emotional.

Anyway didn't think any more about it until after I got home. I phoned Janes Mum on the anniversary for a chat as I do to see how they all are and she asked about my holiday. Now the strange part is the first thing she asked was if I'd been to St Wolfgang and seen the church. Apparently Jane and her Mum had visited years ago (before I met her) and it was a place Jane loved.

2 comments:

Enz said...

Welcome back!

That is eerie about your experience in the church, but also comforting as well I think.

ArleneWKW said...

I'm glad that you had that experience in the church. Matt died a little more than 2 yrs. 8 months ago. For the most part I've gone on with my life with few thoughts about him, yet sometimes I'm gripped by intense emotions and melancholy. I'm glad for these moments and glad that they are infrequent.