Wednesday 29 August 2012

Weigh in Wednesday - not as good as i thought

Jumped on the scales this morning expecting a 4lb loss (or more) to take me back to where i was pre-Austria. Thought I'd ate well and felt like I was there but the truth is I only lost 2lb so down to 198lb.

As my 6 week challenge is to get to 189lb I've still got to lose 9lb in the next 5 weeks, not going to be easy and need to stay focussed i think.

Table Tennis Season starts for real this weekend, I'm playing in the Northern Masters at Sunderland, going to be tough I think with lack of proper practice through the summer with my knee problems. Just hope everything goes ok and i don't aggravate anything.

As for Austria I've now got my photos downloaded if you are interested :-

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8308363@N02/sets/72157631271916868/detail/

Did have a couple of incidents on the trip, first managed to set the hotel fire alarm off, they didn't have irons in the room so i hung my shirts in the shower to straighten the creases with the steam. When i opened the bedroom door the steam went straight for the smoke detector.

Other incident was when a few of us had a late night at the village pub, was walking back to the hotel when all of a sudden all the street lights went off, apparently they do at 1am. We were all of a sudden in pitch black, couldn't see end of your nose and I managed to trip over a kerb grazing my elbow in the process.

4 comments:

Enz said...

So frustrating that it takes so much longer to come off than come on, isn't it? But you will get it off, you've done really well so far, no reason for it not to continue downwards.

Good luck with the table tennis games. And...since I've always wondered, whats the difference between Table Tennis and Ping Pong?

Mick & Cathy said...

Its the same game, although would say Ping Pong is something you would play with the family at home hitting a ball over the net. Table Tennis when played poperly is fast and exlosive and people who come to watch are usualy very surprised at the standard.
but of course you've only my word for that lol.

Anonymous said...

Tell the truth, you couldnt see the end of your nose cos you were blind rotten drunk not because the lights went out! haha SHARLENE

Enz said...

Haha truth in ping pong and in walking!