Saturday 9 March 2013

Flowers, Cars and the Blues

Yes strange title to a blog post but they are the three subjects on my mind.

Flowers - Well really looking forward to see how my garden looks this year, I've ordered a lot of plug plants (petunias, begonias and geraniums) which i've been seperating into pots and will then grow on before transferring into the garden after the last frost. Already got daffodils, tulips, iris's, fresias coming through for spring to keep plenty of colour for now.
Also got a few roses along with hygdrangers, gladdioli and a few others i've forgot the names, yes the plan is a sea of clolour this year, will post photos.

Car - Been giving it lots of thought whether to change my car this year, not that it isn't running ok but its now 8 years old and sometimes you just fancy a newer model (bit like women I suppose, lol). I've got a investment due to mature in May so that will do nicely to pay for it.


Blues - As a fan of Blues music there are another of artists i've got on my must see list, and sadly i found out yesterday than one of my favorites Magic Slim had passed away in February. Got a couple of his albums and really wanted to catch him on one of my trips to the States but its not to be.
He was still touring and playing the Clubs and still a excellent guitarist even at 75 years old so I'll finish with a tribute video.

7 comments:

Enz said...

You sound much cheerier on this post!

Regina Rodriguez-Martin said...

Mick, I like that you garden. What colors will the flowers be? Any pink roses? Those are my favorite of all.

Bob brought a 2002 Dodge to our marriage and we were looking forward to a couple more years of driving it without a car payment (which is the best). But we had it parked in front of our apt and someone stole it (Jan. 26), so we just bought a new one. I like to drive a car until it's dead on the road before going back into debt for a new one, so we were unhappy to have to do this.

But the new car is great: a blue 2013 Honda CR-V. What are you thinking of geting? And what color?

Mick & Cathy said...

Enz, maybe I am.

Reg,
See my next post with regards to flowers.
I drive a Ford Focus prob get same again, good around town and ok on long motorway runs (interstate to you).

Regina Rodriguez-Martin said...

Mick, why do you buy American? I don't think they're the best cars in the world.

Mick & Cathy said...

Reg, The Focus is built over here and is one of the most popular cars, think we get different models to you.
I've only ever had Ford, Vauxall, Morris or Austin cars. Ford is the only none British company although its been here a long time so is sort of classed british in a lot of peoples eyes.

Regina Rodriguez-Martin said...

The U.S. (or "America" as the English call it) is thick with Toyotas, Hondas and Hyundais. Many Americans no longer see American cars as top quality. I think when an American buys an American car that's a great act of patriotism because they're sacrificing having a good car in favor of supporting the U.S. auto industry. I think the U.S. auto industry is a lost cause.

Mick & Cathy said...

The main Japanese cars we get are Nissan but they are built here (have a big factory near Sunderland), think Toyota have a factory near Derby so at least they give British workers jobs.

Ford have been BUILT here since the model T, only 5 years less than the first production line in America (still have 5 factories i believe) and Ford UK has british management although it is a subsiduary of Ford Motor Company (America).