Monday 18 February 2013

Not the result I wanted

Went for the results of my blood test today and was a little disapointed that my Uric acid levels are still quite a bit higher than they should be. I'll add they are down from my previous reading so in someways i think the diet is working and i'm moving in the right direction.
Thought the Doc would prescribe a drug to control it but he is happy I'm working in the right direction and as given me a few more ideas about changing my diet (due to new research). Trouble is I want to avoid the drug route because once i start its for the rest of my life.
High Uric Acid levels leaves me prone to gout attacks which i get (and is agony), long term can lead to kidney problems so its essential i get it under control and significantly lower.

We are going to review the situation in 3 months time.

No comments: