Saturday 23 March 2013

Dates of Destiny

Busy couple of days ahead on the sporting front that can be described "Dates of Destiny".

Tomorrow I'll be playing in the local table tennis championships and aiming to win the Open singles for the 11th time (first time in 1984). Didn't play in them last year so be nice to get the title back. Sure I'm not getting any younger but its only a small league and not the highest level I play so have got every chance of victory.
To be honest the local league is possibly as weak as its been certainly I can't remember it been weaker but maybe some young pretender can give me a run for my money, who knows.
Also it would be good to take the veterans and the doubles aswell.

Monday we've got our last Pool match and have a real shot of winning the league, we are top by a narrow margin but 3 other teams are still in with a shout. We have a hard match compared with our rivals and I feel we need a 8-2 win to be sure but 7-3 would probably do.
Going to be a nervy night for all the teams, could be a matter of which team deals with the pressure best.
Its great it been so competitive and going to the wire, could finish anywhere from 1st to 4th.


No comments: