Monday 11 March 2013

My Garden

As I was asked on my last post about the colours of the flowers in my garden thought i'd do a post about it.
Currently through winter I've just got a few Primroses in pots around the front of the house, bit of a variation of colours but just brightens the place up a bit.
 
I put a lot of spring flowering bulbs in my borders last year and they are now coming through nicely, mainly purple and white flowers (crocus) but there will be some red and yellow when the tulips and daffodils flower.
 
But lets face it summer is the main time, I have bulbs in for Dalia, Gladioli and a few others that will look nice.
I've also around 12 rose bushes (various colours) around the garden which i've just pruned. I've ordered 5 more which have arrived today, would plant them but its snowing (yes winer as returned) but should do them tomorrow.
The 5 new colours are as the photo below :-
 



As I mentioned in my previous post I've ordered a lot of plug plants (100 of each that are about 9mm at this stage) which I pot and grow on then transfer into the garden around May time to give me a good display until late september.
So far the the Petunia (Bolero) and Red Geranium (Fire Queen) have come and are now in pots in my backplace growing nicely. I'll lift them outside on nice sunny days and in on a night as the frost would kill them.
You can see the colours in the photos :-



I'm awaiting delivery of 100 Begonia (destiny) which again i'll transfer into pots, you can see the colours below :-


Yes 300 plants are a lot, a few may die off but i'll use what fills my garden and give the remaining to friend/neighbours, keeps me out of misschief lol.

1 comment:

Regina Rodriguez-Martin said...

It all looks gorgeous. Please take pictures when it's all planted.