Monday 1 October 2012

Living in the real world

Been giving a lot of thought to the fact many of us spend a good part of our lives living in a virtual world nowadays. Everything thing revolves around the internet, and with recent bad weather and my knee problems of the last year I'm becoming as guilty as most.
Ok I've not succombed to an iphone or ipad, i don't take my laptop out with me, in fact the only time i go on the net is when at home.
However I will admit to spending a lot of time online many times just for the sake, I've a lot of online friends like many of us do, which its nice to exchange iews with. I've been lucky enough to meet some so they have become real.
Don't get me wrong the internet is fantastic but is it really a replacement for the real world, of course it isn't.

Anyway I've made a decision that I'm going to limit my time online and get out and do more. Suppose I'm lucky I've got a decent garden I can spend time in, I can go for walks, I'm involved with sport, its really just about motivation to do these things.

Yes I will still keep blogging, as I said I'll come online to do what I want to, just cut down on the meaningless hours trawling various sites just for the sake.

While I'm here I'll just report that my average daily calories consumed last week was 2314 which is 52 per day less than the previous week. At the moment its experimental and my weight loss action plan will start at end of October. May actually maintain a similar calorie intake (maybe cut slightly) but undertake a increaed amount of physical activity, certainly less time on the computor will help that plan.

I'm been positive about the physical stuff because I feel my joint issues (mainly knee) are almost fully recovered, actually feeling quite good and strong. Hope I arn't tempting fate but best they have been for a very long time, even stopped taking pain killers and anti-inflammetrys.

Got to go now, don't want to be on here too long.

2 comments:

Enz said...

How was the dentist?

Mick & Cathy said...

Not too painful, got my tw0 fillings done and a polish so the teeth are looking good.