Wednesday 23 May 2012

Weight Loss Challenge - New Beginning

As those of you that have read my previous posts will know today I'm starting a weight loss campaign and did challenge anyone to join in. Intention was to compare everyone based on percentage (against target) each week to provide extra incentive.
Sadly not too many takers but still time just let me know your start weight and what you aim to lose over the next 11 weeks then update every wednesday, i'll do calculations.
I've one promised challenger "M" who is sending her weight later today (now done) and whatever it is i know the target is get down to 154lb (11stone).
Another is showing interest but we'll see if the challenge is taken up.

Post now been amended because my long time friend on here Regina as joined in, come on anyone else, bloggers or none bloggers.

Yes 11 weeks is a strange time period but it takes me up to my next holiday so seemed obvious. M reasons for this new beginning is because i blew most of my this years efforts on holiday (as posted previously) so am very determined to give it a big push.

So on to the challenge, well I weighed in at 222lb this morning and I know I previously stated a 20lb loss for my target but it seems silly to aim at 202lb so I'm going for a 22lb loss and hit the 200lb mark. 11 weeks 2lb per week sounds possible to me, just needs effort.

So start facts :-
Mick - Start Weight "222lb", Target Weight "200lb", Target Loss "22lb"
M      - Start Weight "163lb", Target Weight "154lb", Target Loss "9lb"
Reg   - Start Weight "131lb", Target Weight "125lb", Target Loss "6lb"
Any more challengers ?

Writing this after breakfast and have already started my efforts by only having two weetabix (with fruit) instead of my usual three. Also planned lighter than normal meals later today and playing table tennis tonight, trainingtomoz morning, then competition again tomoz night. Top that up with some gardening and only fruit as snacks (if needed) I'm on my way with a mixture of diet and exercise.

2 comments:

Regina Rodriguez-Martin said...

Mick - I didn't see your previous post with the challenge in it. Put me down for "Reg - starting weight 131 pounds (as of today). Ending goal: 125 pounds." Or is that too trifling?

Mick & Cathy said...

No that fine, hope we'll pick a few more up as we go.
Will add you now.