Monday 12 December 2011

Keeping Busy

Its well over a week since I last posted so thought better do an update.

Had the week away staying in Norfolk which I tied in with playing a table tennis tournament in Norwich, I did ok qualifying into the main draw in both over 40's & 50's, sadly my knee was too sore so I had to sratch on the Sunday.
Still had a nice week with Paula staying in a cottage we rented, ate out at local pubs some nights but others we stayed in and just chilled watching films or playing board games such as Chess, Backgammon, scrabble, etc.
Was really impressed with the cottage, wouldn't hesitate to stay again it was spotless clean and had was well equipped. http://www.angelcottages.co.uk/

Got home mid day friday then on the night went out with a few ex workmates, was good to catch up with them all.

Sunday I played tt again this time in the British, we played at Derby which is about a one and half hour drive for me. We lost our first match but won our 2nd and are currently 4th in the league, managed to win 2 out of my 4 matches but the knee still isn't right. Think I need a bit of a break.

Tonight we haven't a Pool match as the league as finished, may go down to Pub for a practice though weather permitting. Apparently the forcast isn't good we have some big storms (heavy rain and strong winds) on the way.
Got most of my xmas cards done today, visited a few relations taking them out. Also had to call at the solicitors because they had sorted the probate certificate for Dad so I can now deal with his affairs. Gee them solicitors know what to charge.
Also sorted the House insurance today as its due in January so I've spent a lot of money.

Friday its out TT Club Xmas dinner, not sure if Paula is coming but really hope she can make it.

Well its only 9 days and I'm on my way to the French Alps for Christmas, really looking forward to the trip. Really need to get away this year with everything thats happend.

No comments: