Tuesday 24 May 2011

Still here

Hi everyone just reporting that I'm still here and reading your posts.

The funeral went as well as funerals do, I actually spoke during the service which was something I wanted to do. People said I did well but thats probably them been kind. I'll miss Mum but the sadness does have a bit of relief attatched because she as suffered with a lot of pain in recent years and from things she said I believe she was ready to go.

Things are still going very well with Paula and we are sort of mapping out plans for the rest of the year, planning a few weekends away and a couple of holidays. Off through tonight to see her for a few hours then we'll be spending most of the weekend together.

Weight loss ain't been good as I reported previously, not only with the funeral we've ate out at restaurants and Pubs and not really been counting the calories. So I've abandoned plans and will make a new start following my holiday in mid June.

Actually feel a bit guilty about going on a singles holiday (ash cloud permitting) now I'm dating Paula but I did book it before we met and she's cool about it, think I'll miss her while away.

1 comment:

Sandii said...

stick with your holiday plans, she sounds wonderful and distance makes the heart grow fonder !!!

i'm happy to hear that you were able to speak at your mum's funeral, i really believe it's an important part of saying goodbye to someone you love and as hard as it is, i think it's a good thing to do.

just enjoy the love and relationship and life - don't worry about calories!! they are halved when you're in a relationship ;-)

xxx