Sunday 18 July 2010

Up a little again

As I mentioned a short time ago I've set myself some targets with my TT national rankings this season, my aim is to get in the top 100 in the over 40's and top 30 in the over 50's. Last time I reported I'd moved up very slightly to No146 (in the 40's) and I'm pleased to report another slight improvement as I'm now ranked 144, not a lot but the right direction. As for the 50's I'm still waiting for a initial ranking due to lack of events played.

However I played in a 40's ratings tournament at Hinckley on Saturday and can report a very good day. A ratings tournament is where you play a large group of 8 different players who are ranked close to you, so all the games are tough. The draw looked difficult because I was in section 3 and was rated to come 7th out of the 8 players in my group. Despite not training due to my holiday I was delighted to find some good form winnin 6 of my 7 matches and actually winning my section, could have made it a clean sheet as the match I lost was at deuce in the deciding set, I had a match point at one stage.

But the fact 5 of the players I beat were ranked above me (No's 106, 122, 127, 142 & 143) will gain me a lot of points so I'm expecting to jump 20 places+ on the next ranking list, a good days work I think.


On the subject of my last post about getting a date I've actually taken the plunge and asked one of my long time online friends for a meet up (as friends), she said yes . She seems nice and I'm looking forward to it, we've got on well online for sometime and given different circumstances I'm sure we would have met before now.
We live a distance apart (about 100 miles) but are going to meet half way for a day out together, not finalised actually when but it will be in the next 2 or 3 weeks I expect. Of course I've no pre-conceived ideas how it will turn out but at the least I should make a good friend.
Watch this space.

2 comments:

Sandii said...

oooh how exciting! on both fronts, i'm watching, i'm watching!!!
x

Mick & Cathy said...

Exciting is a good word but I'm trying to keep an open mind as its early days.