Wednesday 14 July 2010

Its time to move on

As those of you who read my blog know its one year since the love of my life Jane was taken seriously ill eventually passing away in mid August. Well since then my life as been in a bit of a rut just doing routine things and one thing I hadn't done was look at another woman, didn't feel the right thing to do.
Before I actually met Jane I had actually settled into the "singles" lifestyle but all that changed when we hooked up, I loved our time together and loved her so much.

Well I think my holiday is going to help me move forward, I spent a lot of time with one lady in particular we got on really well and talked about the possibility of meeting up again in the future. It was difficult because we were generally in a group situation and some people (one in particular) seemed to resent us spending time together.

For the record the lady concerned as contacted me and doesnt think its a good idea to meet at present because she isn't convinced I'm yet fully over Jane and doesn't want to be a substitute. I can understand what she said, it may be right although I'm convinced my feelings for her were genuine because I've never looked for a replacement and found her special in her own right. However I've got to respect her decision and move on, that is all I can do. Of course I'm dissapointed because I would have liked this lady in my life she made me feel good and I definately had strong feelings for her but I'm pleased she as been honest so I can say goodbye and move forward but still be friends.


Anyway onto the point of the post, this lady has made me realise I need to move on, I enjoy having female company again whether having meal, drink or just chatting. Funny thing is when I held Janes hand in hospital she told me I must move on but until now I've not been interested, just bottled things up.

So if the opportunity strikes for a date (and I'll be looking) I 'll be taking up the offer. Ok I'm not going to rush into anything but the odd dinner date to see if someone is compatable is probably the way forward, worst that can happen is make some goo friends. Not quite sure where a 52 year old looks, lol, but I don't fancy dating sites, maybe another singles holiday is a good idea (never know who you meet). There are a couple of my lady friends on MySpace that I seem to get on with and would love to meet, should have sorted somethingbefore now though. I'm thinking of making the effort to ask them out even if it means bit of travel for me but life is too short not to follow your instincts.

Saying all this I will never forget Jane she was important to me I'm a very loyal sort of person, but I believe I need to find somone else I can love for the person they are.

4 comments:

Sandii said...

Mick you are so right and Jane would want you to be happy! you're not replacing her, noone can or will but life is better when you share it, when you have someone to point out the stuff you might miss otherwise or to help put a smile back on a sad face, or to share some icecream or chocolate or a sad or funny movie!

You are such a good person and deserve to be happy - you will find someone, i can feel it.

I'm like you, don't think much of dating sites, better to meet people in person i find, holidays are good but the mood can be so festive you may not get the real person.

i wouldn't have the first clue about the UK but here in Australia i've met some of my best friends and even past partners through sport - you are pretty sporty, are there women involved at all??

i'm sure you'll find that someone special soon Mick x

Regina Rodriguez-Martin said...

Good luck, dear Mick.

Mick & Cathy said...

Sandii,

You are right about holidays, people can be different to the real deal sometimes. Saying that its a good way of meeting people and I'd certainly do another singles holiday.

Sport is another option although there isn't many lady players in my areas TT leagues, can't think of too many eligible ones anyway. Saying that playing the veterans circuit there are possibilities play the same events its the right age range so maybe, I chat with a few but thats all so far but who knows about the future holds.

As I say not really been looking till now so lets see what develops.

Mick & Cathy said...

Reg,
Thanks