Sunday 11 July 2010

Gentlemen prefer Blondes

Well I'm back from my tour of "Americas Golden West" and must admit it was a fantastic holiday. I'm totally shattered they kept us going all the time, late nights, early mornings plus a lot of travel have taken their toll. Also the weight loss targets have suffered a fair bit of damage with the amount of food and drink that found the way past my lips.

As those of you who are regular readers of my blog know it was a "Singles" holiday" and I was a little apprehensive about going. Shouldn't have worried made some fantastic friends on this trip. There was 18 of us on the tour 7 men and 11 ladies with ages ranging from 27 to 77 a real mixed bag of charactors.

Two ladies in particular stand out, spent a fair amount of time with them they were my type of people, I call them my Guardian Angels. Before you ask thats not either of them in the photo, thats someone called Marilyn Monroe who insisted on having her photo taken with me when some of us went to the Rat Pack show in Vegas.

Ok I'll admit it I found one of my friends a little bit special, in fact she knocked me off my feet. We've exchanged email addresses and I'm sort of hoping we meet again but only time will tell, we did discuss it but nothing definate.

Anyway no time to write much more as I'm off golfing shortly (need the exercise) but you are interested you can acess my photos here :-

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8308363@N02/sets/72157624338244517/detail/

2 comments:

Sandii said...

hey welcome home, love the pic! can't wait to hear more about the special lady... i'm sure you knocked her off her feet too!!!

thanks so much for the comment re the pic, was a bit nervous about posting it!

am going to check out your pics now, hope you're settling back into home ok - missed your writing!
x

Mick & Cathy said...

Hi San,
Well don't want to say too much about the special lady because at present it was just two people getting on well in a group environment. It was such a high intensity holiday that getting time together (just to chat) was difficult although we had a few moments.

She is a lovely person and I knew soon after meeting her that I liked her a lot. Hope she does agree to meet again I'd really like that, never know what could develop unless you give it a chance.
x