Sunday 30 May 2010

Not long to go now

Yes less than two weeks to the World Cup and before anyone asks, of course England can win it. Mind you I always think that.

Of course its also not long to my holiday, only 4 weeks in fact and I'm looking forward to it but a little apprehensive, never done a organised singles holiday and just hoping I get on with the others on the trip.

So what else is happening, well not a lot to be honest been spending a bit of time getting the garden in shape, been digging some overgrown areas this morning it was hard goig but the exercise will do me good.
To be honest I needed it because last week I was out 3 nights in succesion due to Pool matches, team on Monday, was in the area doubles semi on tuesday which we sadly watched and Wednesday I went to support my mate who was in the over 40's final but again a defeat. Hope this isn't a sign of things to come because I'm in the Mens last 8 on Wednesday this week, am only player left in from our team.

I'm also busy setting the quiz for the local TT league presentation evening coming up soon, I usually do it for them dnd its proving popular, think they like me to do it because if I not I'd probably win, lol.

Also toying with the idea of starting to play golf again, one of the local courses has a good membership deal at present and some friends have joined. It'll cost about £300 so Iuld need to play a average of once per week to make it really worthwile. I've hardly played over the last couple of years because of other things but sort of reckon I've got time now and should give it a go. It could actually replace a bit of the walking I do and would be exercise.

On a good note following my last post and setting targets at TT I can report I've made slight progress I've gone up 3 places in the over 40's rankings from 149 to 146. Ok still a long way to my target of top 100 but at least its a step in the right direction.

4 comments:

Sandii said...

hey 3 spots is still 3 spots, you're closer now and i'm certain you'll make your goal!

how exciting about your holiday, you'll be fine Mick, you're an easy going great person and they will all see that.

am so impressed you know the lead singer of Jet, they are brilliant, i saw them live in Perth in December with Greenday, amazing! i'm a bit jealous! did you get a pic. hey, if i ever run into them i'll be asking them, hey you met my mate Mick in Chicago??? :-)

thanks for your comment re drinking, i agree, i have reservations about people who haven't ever had a big night and lost their senses but i worry at my age should i be over that stage... having said that, i'm not alone, most the people i hang with at work all do it... ahhhh one of those things really... stupid to let it get to me, a waste of precious time!!! have a great week Mick

TitanThirteen said...

The holiday will be a blast, you'll see :o)

Fairy Mae said...

Hey, you are doing well...you'll get your goal...what are you talking about!! I do enjoy golf too however, the odd time my frustration gets the better of me when I have to tee off and end up throwing the ball intsead!

airliebird58 said...

Can't wait for the World Cup, I love it and watch every match. I'm sure you'll have a great holiday! :D