Thursday 6 May 2010

Time to vote

Well its election time and what a tough choice it is, don't think anyone knows what the make up of our next government will be.

Its an election following a recession which on the face of it is a easy wy to blame the current Labour regime. However I'm not going to blame them, this is a world recession and it wouldn't have made any difference whoever was in power.

However the way we will now deal with our National debt is the major issue I believe should be considered.

The way I see it you have ignore the minor parties and go for one of the main three. I can't see anyway the liberal democrats can actually get into power and I reckon they realise that, their policies seem to promise too much which will gain them a lot of votes. Obviously because they wont be in sole power they wont need to fulfill these policies (like cut tax) but are pushing for votes to create a "hung" parliment. Then they will agree a coalition with either the Tories or Labour.

So that leaves us with the main two and the choice is whether you think we should go with massive public spending cuts and vote Tory or vote or a big tax rise and vote labour.

Personally I would have voted for a party that would have been brave and honest enough to say they woud cut spending and raise taxes, I really believe we should all take a major hit to significantly reduce the National debt. If we don't it will hang over us for years and to me we cant move forward as a country.

I know there are many other things that concern people such as Jobs, immigration, wars, crime, etc. but this election the important thing is the ecomomy.

For the record after much thought I've gone with the current Labour government, my main reason been that I believe a change in policy nw would be dangerous and don't want to take the risk.
Saying that I think a hung parliment is the most lkely outcome, maybe that would be a good thing, get everyone working together for all our good instead of fighting each other.

No comments: