Thursday 7 January 2010

Bloody Cold


Well I'm ready for things to warm up but it doesn't look very promising. Apparently tonight is going to be the coldest night of the winter so far. This is the most snow I've seen for a lot of years (apparently worst since 1979), the roads are almost unusable and the councils are running out of grit. The country is shutting down.

I've lived where I do now about 10 years and first time I've seen icicles hanging from the gutters like they are now, some are massive.

Now I'm confused about Global Warming cos it feels like we are in the artic circle.


5 comments:

ArleneWKW said...

That is an awesome picture.

A dip in the temperature in any one year does not negate the reality of global warming. Just ask the iconic polar bears. (I wish it did though.)

TitanThirteen said...

Reackon Global warming might be a bit of a red herring? How cold is it there? What do the homeless people do when it gets like that? :o(

Regina Rodriguez-Martin said...

Mick - are you all in the single digits? Today the high in Chicago was about 18 degrees. I wish we could have some of your snow. Snow is a big part of the reason I moved here 17 years ago.

Mick & Cathy said...

Actually where I live the coldest it got (so far) is minus 12 (thats centigrade so about 10 farenheit). Where I live is low lying so not the worst, think thats been recorded at -24C (-9F).

Its very unusual to get this low for us, particuarly for such a long period (started before Christmas).

Mick & Cathy said...

should have added we've had about 8 inch of snow which is really rare around here because we are low lying and very flat (in the Vale of York). One of the sayings around here is "If we see snow someone else gets it really bad".

Up in the hills they have been upto 40inch in places.