Thursday 19 November 2009

Things really do happen in 3's

Well I hope its only 3's.

1. Sunday the flourescent light failed in the kitchen so that was my first repair of the week.

2. My Computor crashed, couldn't get in at all so had to revert back to factory settings. Lost everthing on there but luckily I had a lot backed up on a hard drive. Still downloading some software as I go.
To be honest its about on its last legs so reckon I'm gonna treat myself to a lap top for christmass.

3. Got up this morning and the central heating boiler was locking out, had a play around and eventually got it going without blowing the house up. Not sure how long it will last if it happens again I'll have to call the engineer out.


Ok thats enough about disasters on the good news front I've been looking at holidays for next year. I know my first trip will be back to Chicago, my two TT team mates want to go so the 3 of us are off at easter for a long weekend. We actually booked this week, got a really good hotel/flight deal for 6 nights.

Normally I've sorted my own travel plans out but I'm seriously thinking about going on a singles holiday, I've been checking out a few sites. Before my Aussie friends chelp up I'll admit I'm looking at coming to that part of the world either this year or early next year. I've actually looked at a organised trip 22 days, its expensive at around £4,000 but it includes a lot of extras and visits Perth (yes San you may regret the TT challenge, lol), Alice Springs, Ayers Rock, Cairns, Sydney, Canberra & Melbourne. Seriously thinking about this, need to save though. - http://www.justyou.co.uk/australasia/australia/australia.aspx

5 comments:

ArleneWKW said...

I've got to update my portable hard drive. I keep putting it off. Your experience is a reminder about why it is so important.

Your travel plans sound like fun. Going with a couple of buddies seems like it would be a nice change of pace for you.

celtic_girl said...

Yes things do happen in 3,s. An old wives tale is by breaking a unlite matchstick will break the cycle.

I hope you make it here - would love to catch up with you Mick.

Mick & Cathy said...

Arlene,
It pays to keep stuff backed up without doubt, luckily I have a hard drive so only lost a couple of recent things I hadn't yet done.
Yes it will be good with the lads, in the past I have enjoyed solo trips but as you know that changed with me travelling with Jane in the last year or so. I reckon going on a organised trip with others will be a good change also.

Celtic,
I will come to Aus I'm serious about that, not sure when its likely to be late 2010 or 2011 though. I may try one of the shorter singles hols first to see if they are good.

TitanThirteen said...

I'd love to catch up with you too. And Celtic girl! Every time i've been to Sydney she's been doing something! [Well not "every time". More like twice lol]

Mick & Cathy said...

Cactus,
Sure you will, there is no hiding place, seem to remember we've got a Pool challenge.